Top 10 Reasons I'm A Teensy Bit Scared To Have Another Son (Yes, these are all sexist)
10. My downstairs bathroom already smells like the reptile house at the zoo; more boys in our family = more packs of neighborhood boys coming over and missing the bowl.
9. Potty training and the accompanying public urination phase. (My big boys used to do it from the top of play structures in public parks.)
8. Even more broken bones and trips to the orthopedist. (James just got his cast off after he'd climbed the fence for a "shortcut" and fell onto the concrete fountain in our backyard.)
7. More trips to Wal-mart to buy cheap shoes. And socks. (Will wears out a pair of sneakers every two weeks, then the hole(s) in his shoe creates the same problem in his sock.)
6. The noise, oh the noise! It's just gonna get louder up in here. (Zach is entering the screaming two-year-old phase.)
5. The punching, oh the punching!
4. More years of accidentally stepping on legos with bare feet and gingerly putting away lego creations for safe keeping.
3. Energy requirement: I'm tired just thinking about chasing another little boy through toddlerhood.
2. Needing to remember all the Thomas The Tank Engine characters' names, personality traits, and political orientations for that much longer.
1. It's a little bit scary how sweet a son can be.